Sunday, September 5, 2010

Reaching Out


This picture says it all for me...

A space of pain 
With a mind going insane
Spinning out of control
My heart needs to grab a hold

Intellectually it all makes sense
But the intellect never seems to rest
The heart screams to be understood
The mind is a bad neighbor hood

The answer is to reach out
To trust in my fellow man
It feels like a fight another bout
But deep in my heart I know I can

GOD speaks to me 
Looking with in I can see
A choice
From that small silent voice

GOD is that you?
What do I need to do
Reach for one of my other GIFTS
My hand lifts

My head begins to bring back some intellect
The voice in my heart gets louder
GOD puts the mind in check
And my spirit than gets prouder

Standing tall
I will not fall
Cause I am in the hands of you
With GOD and those that knew

My inner fight
with self
with GOD I just might
place my fears on the shelf

For all to know the real me
Reaching out
Is the first step for you to see
Because GOD spoke quietly, He didn't shout

"Written Freestyle Off the Top of my HEAD"







1 comment: